[ last updated 03/07/2019 ]
This policy covers all data that is shared by a visitor with us whether directly via www.onthetop.co.uk or via email. This policy been created by the internet marketing experts at on our behalf and is occasionally updated by us so we suggest you re-review from time to time.
This policy provides an explanation as to what happens to any personal data that you share with us, or that we collect from you either directly via this Website or via email.
Certain businesses are required under the data protection act to have a data controller.
Information We Collect
Your information is collected when you register on our site or when you fill any form on our site. Information that may be collected by us includes:
- Your name
- Your contact information
- Your email addresses
- Your delivery address and other demographic information
- Other relevant information for purchasing product on our platform.
Details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblog statistics and other communication data.
Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website, such as when you register to receive information such as a newsletter or contact us via the contact us page.
Information provided to us when you communicate with us for any reason.
For registered users, we allow leaving a comment/review on the products they bought from our store.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
When using our website, we may gather information about your computer for our services, and to provide statistical information regarding the use of our website to our advertisers. Such information will not identify you personally, it is statistical data about our visitors and their use of our site. This statistical data does not identify any personal details whatsoever. It is used by us to analyse how visitors interact with the Website so that we can continue to develop and improve this Website.
We may gather information about your general Internet use by using a cookie file that is downloaded to your computer. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer automatically. This cookie file is stored on the hard drive of your computer as cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our Website and the service that we provide to you.
All computers have the ability to decline cookies. This can be done by activating the setting on your browser which enables you to decline the cookies. Please note that should you choose to decline cookies, you may be unable to access particular areas of our Website.
Any advertising featured on this Website may also incorporate cookies, over which we have no control. Such cookies (if used) would be downloaded once you click on advertisements on our Website.
Use of Your Information
The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide our services to you. Also, we may use the information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with the information requested from us relating to our products or services and to provide information on other products which we feel may be of interest to you if you have consented to receive such information.
- To meet our contractual commitments to you.
- To notify you about any changes to our Website, such as improvements or service/product changes, that may affect our service.
- If you are an existing customer, we may contact you with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
- We may use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, so that you can be provided with information about unrelated goods and services which we consider may be of interest to you. They or we may contact you about these goods and services by any of the methods that you consented to at the time your information was collected.
- If you are a new customer, we will only contact you or allow third parties to contact you only when you have provided consent and only by those means you provided consent for.
- If you do not want us to use your data for ourselves or third parties you will have the opportunity to withhold your consent to this when you provide your details to us on the form on which we collect your data.
- Please be advised that we do not reveal information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may, on occasion, provide them with aggregate statistical information about our visitors such as your area of residence or age group.
Storing Your Data
- Data that is provided to us is stored on our secure servers. Details relating to any transactions entered into via our site will be encrypted to ensure its safety.
- The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure, and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically and the transfer of such data is entirely at your own risk. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password so that you can access specific areas of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
Disclosing Your Information
- Where applicable, we may disclose your personal information to any member of our group. This includes, where applicable, our subsidiaries, our holding company, and its other subsidiaries.
- We may also disclose your personal information to third parties.
- Where we sell any or all of our business and our assets to a third party.
- Where we are legally required to disclose your information.
- To assist fraud protection and minimise credit risk.
You might find links to third party websites on our Website. These websites should have their own privacy policies which you should check. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as we have no control over them.
How We Protect Your Information
We implement a variety of security measures (SSL encryption on our website) to maintain the safety of your personal information. We will not sell, provide, or transfer your email address to others.
Wе reserve thе rіght to mоdіfу thіѕ рrіvасу роlісу аt аnу time, ѕо рlеаѕе rеvіеw іt frequently. Chаngеѕ аnd clarifications wіll take еffесt іmmеdіаtеlу uроn their posting оn the website. If wе mаkе mаtеrіаl сhаngеѕ to this роlісу, wе wіll notify you here thаt іt hаѕ bееn updated, ѕо thаt уоu are аwаrе оf whаt іnfоrmаtіоn wе соllесt, hоw wе uѕе іt, аnd undеr whаt circumstances, іf аnу, we use аnd/оr disclose it.
Questions And Contact Information
If уоu wоuld lіkе tо ассеѕѕ, correct, аmеnd or delete аnу реrѕоnаl іnfоrmаtіоn we have about you, just email us at [email protected]